Housing and Care Options Course - CANCELLEDWe are sorry, but we have had to cancel this course due to very low take-up.
Date: 4 June 2018
Time: 10.30am – 3.00pm
Venue: The Altro Design Centre, 15 Clerkenwell Green, London, EC1R 0DP
Cost: £120 + VAT
This 1-day specialist training course will run for up to 15 participants. It starts promptly at 10.30am and finishes at 3.00pm. There will be a 30 minute lunch break, and 2 short comfort breaks in the morning and afternoon. It covers:
Care and Support at home:
- mainstream options
- small scale, and potentially very local options
- the cheap, the cheerful, the obvious, and the ‘hadn’t thought of that’
- the ‘sharing economy’
- the (sometimes unexpected) roles of designers and entrepreneurs
- technological possibilities
Moving on - the range of options:
- mainstream housing options
- almshouses, and Abbeyfield
- Shared Lives, Homeshare, and Cohousing
- retirement housing, supported housing, sheltered/extra care housing
- care/nursing homes
- Outline of state funding for care and support (from councils and the NHS)
- How to research and find out about local options
- Supporting people who are weighing up their choices
- Discussions, questions, case studies.
The course is delivered by Lorna Easterbrook, on behalf of Foundations – www.lornaeasterbrookconsultancy.com.