Hoarding Disorder Awareness Training
This training provides an introduction to hoarding disorders, and illustrates the impact it has on those affected by hoarding, particularly in the home environment. It also provides a better understanding of the causes of hoarding behaviour and how it affects people day to day.
At the end of this training you will be aware of:
- What is hoarding (mental health classification)
- Hoarding or chronic disorganisation?
- Who the disorder can affect and possible triggers
- How individuals and families live under these conditions
- Case studies
- Multi-agency working, self neglect, and the Care Act
- How to assess and plan a strategy
- Use of the Clutter Image Ratings (CIR’s)
- Risk factors
- Dos and Don’ts
Delegates will also receive comprehensive handouts and a published copy of the book written by the trainer of this course, Jo Cooke.
This is a full day's training course and will be between 9.30am and 4.30pm. Refreshments will be provided and there are options for lunch locally. Please email Emily on EmilyB@foundations.uk.com with any questions you might have.
Date: 12th June
Time: 09.30 am – 4.30 pm
Venue: Council House Extension, 6 Margaret Street, Birmingham, B3 3BG